Our CLUB YAK- Saturday program has been developed for school aged children who are needing support in the development of their speech, language, literacy, social communication and learning behaviour.
The program enables children to not have to miss out on vital learning time during their contact time with their teacher.
The program targets:
- School subject vocabulary
- Effectively listening skills for classroom lessons
- Language usage to enable confidence with verbal expression
- Narrative skills and development of the language of written expression
- Accuracy with grammatical development (eg. irregular past tense/ irregular pronouns)
- Reading, spelling and writing for early years skills (Grade 1-3)
- Cognitive skills for planning, sequencing and structuring projects
Our Club Yak folder enables you to integrate the activities and learning suggestions with your teachers and our “online parent program” enables transference of the teaching to home and school so your child can reach their greatest potential with the investment in the 30 hour program they attend in the term.
If you would like to be part of the program, please call the “Once Upon A Time Therapy” Centre on (07) 55 28 2222 to discuss this further and book your Club Yak assessment with our Speech Pathologists.
Up and coming dates for future Saturday program groups are available for you to check.